Sweet on Trader Joe's Saturday: Gone Bananas!

Yes, we're a day late. Let's just pretend it's still Saturday.
trader joe's gone bananas : part of a weekly review series of tj's desserts
This week Jack and I are reviewing Trader Joe's Gone Bananas. These are frozen chocolate covered banana slices.

(I'd love to review more of Trader Joe's ice cream selections, but our TJ's ice cream area has a major issue with freezer burn. Anyone else? Almost every ice cream container is covered in ice. One you get down the case a couple yards, it goes away. Very strange. Anyone else's TJ's have this problem?)

trader joe's gone bananas : part of a weekly review series of tj's desserts
Anyhoo...Gone Bananas costs $1.99 for an 8-ounce box.

A mom's (my) take: Despite the fact that these are covered in a hefty dose of chocolate, I'm really only getting banana flavor here. (And, honestly...I'm after the chocolate.) 130 calories for 4 slices...I'd rather have an ice cream sandwich for 150 calories. #imissbluebell These are cold and banana-y, but I'm not tempted to go back for more. My boys, the one I'm married to and the one I gave birth to, love these, though...as you will see.
Overall rating 3 of 5 stars

A teenager's (Jack's) take: Well, I'm going to be frank here. I'm going bananas over these. The key thing is the temperature: you don't want to eat them as soon as you get them out of the freezer, because it will be so cold that the flavor is subdued. On the other hand, you don't want to wait too long, because then you'll get a room-temperature treat that may begin melting (if you're in Texas). I love how the chocolate hits first and provides a nice contrast against the fruitiness of the banana. The aftertaste - you guessed it: chocolate. Not bad at all.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5 stars

trader joe's gone bananas : part of a weekly review series of tj's desserts
Trader Joe's Gone Bananas: The boys loved these! 


[note: We have no affiliation with Trader Joe's. I'm sure they have never read this blog and have no idea who we are. Hey, we like being incognito, although we never wear sunglasses indoors. ;)]

Read all of our Trader Joe's sweet treats and dessert reviews

Other things we're loving this week:




SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig